Wednesday, January 2, 2008

January 2--white fish in bacon

So we need to eat more fish to be healthy, right?! So I am taking a healthy white tilipita and wrapping it in smoked bacon- hey it's organic;)

This is adapted from "Cook with Jamie"

4 7 oz.white fish, skinned and deboned (I used tilipita--smoothe tasting for kids)
2 sprigs rosemary, leaves pulled and finely chopped
zest and juice of two lemons
freshly ground pepper
16 slices smoked bacon
olive oil

Season fish with rosemary, lemon and pepper. Wrap four pieces of bacon around each fish--in roof shingle fashion. Flash fry in olive oil for 1 minute and finish in a 400 degree oven for 12 minutes.
Jamie Oliver suggests serving with asparagus which is what I plan to do even though it is not spring. I just love asaparagus. I'm betting broccollini would work too!

No comments: