Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"Instant" Pancakes

I love this recipe because the dry portion can be made way before and stored (the McCann Irish Oatmeal tin can is ideal for this!) and then mixed with egg, butter and milk. it's so easy, my ten year old can make this. I got this idea from Nigella Lawson's book. It makes you feel so accomplished to just whip together homemade pancakes on a Saturday morning!



Dry Pancake Mix

4 C flour mix 
3 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp plus 1 tsp sugar

Whisk all ingredients together and store in an airtight container.

"Instant" Pancakes

1 C dry pancake mix
1 C fat free milk
1 tbsp butter, melted
1 egg (beaten)

Mix all ingredients. Using a small ice cream scoop, laddle on hot griddle. Flip when the pancake bubbles and edges are slightly brown.

Serve with real maple syrup or try mixing microwaved frozen fruit with one tbsp maple syrup--very yummy!

* For variety, mix in blueberries, chocolate or another fruit of your choice.

1 comment:

Brian and Staci said...

Can you just be MY mommy?? I want you to be my personal chef, K? I know you are way to busy to take care of me...but wow! You are somethin'!