Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Another Turkey Burger Recipe

Yep, another turkey burger recipe. I found this paging through my daughters' recipe collection from school (I think these little collections have some of the best recipes out there--you never want to share something less than perfect with friends, right?!). It has cheese inside the burger again but adds bread crumbs to the mix. It's a great addition to the summer grilling rotation.

Italian Turkey Burgers

1 lb ground turkey (white, dark or mix of both)
1/4 C Italian bread crumbs
1/4 C gorgonzola cheese
Four multi grain buns

Preheat grill.
In a medium bowl, combine ground turkey and bread crumbs. Separate into 8 thin patties. On top of 4 patties, evenly divide gorgonzola in center of patty. Place remaining patties on top (like you are making sandwiches). Grill, turning once, until the cheese begins to ooze out. Let rest for five minutes on plate covered with aluminum foil.
Serve on multi-grain buns with favorite condiments (for a different twist, serve with a cranberry relish--compliments the gorgonzola).

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jennifer S said...

I think my daughter would eat these for sure. Yum.

virginia said...

I love connecting with someone else who is in to cooking healthy and on a budget as well.I have three kids and love to make healthy food for them.I LOVE YOUR BLOG

Brian and Staci said...

Holy smokes...I haven't been keepin' up with your food blog :( Wow, have I been missing out! Great tips and recipes to try! I just got the Clean Eating magazine.. Heard of it? It has a weekly menu for breakfast, lunch, dinners AND snacks! Complete with grocery lists and breaks down calories, fat, etc...I'm sooo excited about trying this! Thought you might enjoy as well!