Sunday, April 6, 2008

Lamb Chops with Garlic and Mint

Nothing says spring like lamb, mint and a nice green veggie. This recipe is adapted from Henry Hill's book "The Wiseguy Cookbook". Hill is an infamous mobster whose time in crime was the subject of an excellent movie "Goodfellas"--the movie talked a lot about food (I will never forget the line 'slicing garlic with a razor blade'--you don't have to do that here and I actually do not recommend it. Stick with the chef knife please!) If you enjoy 'story' type cookbooks, I highly suggest it. The recipes are pretty awesome too :)
Be sure to allow time to let the chops marinate.

Lamb Chops with Garlic and Mint

1 lb lamb chops (shoulder is the least expensive)
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 C olive oil
bunch of fresh mint leaves
salt and pepper
mint jelly for garnish

Combine garlic, mint, olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Coat lamb chops well and place in a plastic baggie. Let marinate in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
Heat grill. Remove excess marinade off chops and grill--about 6 minutes the first side and five on the second. You can use a broiler too.
Serve with mint jelly and broccollini

2 comments:

Brian and Staci said...

Wow, girl, you've been busy cookin' up some dinners! I've never tried lamb...the whole, "it's too cute to eat thing..." I'm weird that way. But the cookbook sounds fun! I'll give the broccollini a try though. Hard to find around my "neck of the woods."

Jennifer S said...

Your recipes always sounds so delicious. This cookbook sounds interesting...I love reading or watching anything about mobsters. (Yeah, I was/am completely addicted to The Sopranos.)

Let's go to Montana NOW! (as you said) I'm dying to go again.