Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sauteed Mahi-Mahi

Oh how I love this fish!!! It has an amazing light flavor and just tastes like a day at the beach. This is also one of the easiest recipes ever--I came up with when I was making a different recipe and discovered I was out of macademia nuts. I paired this with some sauteed baby spinach.

1 tbsp. olive oil
1 lb mahi-mahi
salt and pepper
small can of pineapple chunks
2 tbsp. tamari

Season fish with salt and pepper. In a large baggie, pour juice from pineapple (reserve chunks) and tamari in bag. Add fish and shake; let marinate in the fridge for an hour or so.
In a large saute pan, heat olive oil on medium high heat. When the olive oil starts to smoke, add the fish (discard juices and bag). Saute 4-5 minutes per side. When you are on the second side, add the pineapple chunks and allow them to briefly cook.
(If you are comfortable ans seeking some more spice, try some garlic and minced ginger in the marinade!)
Serve and enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that seems easy! even I could do it! I also have been in the mood for scallops...